Friday, December 30, 2011

New year's resolution

I have a new philosophy.

I had a rough week, with people telling me I can't do things, or that I'm going about everything the wrong way. Or people in general who are trying to bring me down under their storm clouds.

So starting today, I'm not going to keep track of things going wrong, but things going right.

I have a family where everyone's healthy. Even my youngest brother, who has autism, is learning to talk (thank you Sesame Street). I have many wonderful friends who continue to amaze me every day.

So in the new year, I ask not that things be better ... but that I learn to recognize what I already have.

1 comment:

S. M. Boyce said...

That's awesome and incredibly healthy. Good for you!

-S.M. Boyce
Author of The Grimoire: Lichgates
"Once you open the Grimoire, there is no going back. The adventure will be worth every hardship…if you survive.
Snag your copy from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and Smashwords